Sewing heavy materials requires a heavy machine. A reliable machine is one that will not lead to breakage of needles or easily wears and tear due to its continuous use. The Janome HD3000 sewing machine is what you should get if you have a lot to sew.
The main frame of the machine is made of metal (aluminium), offering you durability and a good surface to handle heavy tasks. The features and design that makes this sewing machine heavy duty are enjoyed by seamstress at both the experienced and beginner level. Below are some of the reasons why you too will love it:
- It has a sturdy metal (aluminium) frame. The front half and the sides of the machine are made of plastic.
- A storage compartment enables you to have neat work and not lose track of the flow.
- It has a 3 piece feed dog and a drop feed.
- A dust cover is included in the sewing machine pack.
- It has a free arm
- The bobbin system is horizontal and a full rotary hook one
Janome HD3000 Features
- Metal working parts
- A reverse stitch lever
- 18 built in stitches plus an a step buttonhole
- A built in needle threader
- A built in thread cutter
- Foot pressure adjustment
- A top drop-in bobbin
- Snap-on presser feet
- A stitch chart
- A stitch selection dial and a stitch length dial
- A reverse lever
The accessories that accompany this sewing machine are an over edge foot C, an automatic buttonhole foot R, a hemmer foot D (2mm), a blind hem foot G, a large and a small screwdriver and a set of needles, bobbins, a lint brush, a quilting bar, a felt, a seam ripper, large and a small spool holder and a spool pin.
- You get value for your money. The money that you spend on this durable machine does not live up to the benefits that you get from it.
- You’re in full control as you are able to adjust the length and width of the stitches.
- Its metallic feature makes it durable and able to handle tough projects. Whether you are sewing bags, denim or comforters, this machine is able to tackle your most demanding projects in the most effective way. You may even sew through multiple layers of ‘tough’ fabric.
- The built in thread cutter and needle cutter saves you a lot of time and effort while sewing.
- The foot pressure adjustment enables you to apply different levels of pressure depending on the toughness of the fabric that you are working on.
- The free arm simplifies your work when Hemming a pair of pants or sewing small parts.
- You are able to see the bobbin as it runs through the top, drop-in bobbin and see-through plate, as well as have it beautifully wound by the automatic bobbin winding feature.
And the cons
- It has a limited number of needles. The best needles to use are the Janome and Organ needles.
- It does not have a needle down position. This must be done by hand.
- The machine is not fully metallic. The front half as well as the sides are made of plastic.
- The hard case is not attached to the machine and acts as a flap over the top with a hole which leads to the handle.
- The storage compartment is not latched onto the machine. Thus, you need to ensure that you apply some pressure on the lid of the compartment as you sew as the vibration of the sewing machine while it is in use causes a lot of noise.
When you are tackling designs and sewing projects that seem hard, remember that it does not have to be that way. The Janome HD3000 sewing machine offers you an unmatched experience in making seemingly hard tasks simple. In other words, it is a heavy duty machine that makes difficult tasks a breeze.