Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle is a popular rifle with a velocity of 1000 feet per second. The air rifle has a single-shot cocking mechanism. Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle is outfitted with fiber optic sights, two-staged adjustable trigger, and a muzzle brake. The best feature of The Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle is when you are taking it you will feel a comfortable grip. The air rifle has an automatic safety and a rubber recoil pad which add to its value at the end of the day.
Ruger Air Hawk Features
Power, velocity and accuracy
Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle is a very powerful air rifle uses .177 caliber pellets which shoot out of the muzzle at a velocity of 1000 feet per second. This high velocity is capable of providing enough power to deal with pests. Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle has more than enough power to eliminate small birds like starlings, sparrows etc. but because of the enough power the air rifle deals with larger pet like opossum conveniently.
Power is not only necessary to kill small birds or animals but crucial for accuracy too. A pellet which is fired with higher speed will hit you target more accurately than those that are fire with low velocity. If you wish to use Ruger Air Hawk combo air rifle for target shooting or just plinking while firing on tin cans the speed and accuracy can make a major change. All these things adding to accuracy but one thing should be in mind that velocity alone is not enough to make you an accurate shooter.
Ruger Air Hawk Combo Mechanism
The Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle overall length is 44.8” with a barrel length of 18.7”. This air rifle is among those that are barrel-break cocking air rifles. The safety of the Ruger Air Hawk combo air rifle is exceptional and the manufacturer included an easy to use safety mechanism. As part of the safety considerations Ruger has included an easy to use safety mechanism. The safety is automatically set when you cock the gun to avoid accidental discharge. When you are ready to fire it only requires pushing the safety in gently.
Ruger Air Hawk Technical Specification
- Caliber 0.177″
- Velocity 1000 fps
- Loudness Medium
- Barrel Length 18.7
- Overall Length 44.8
- Shot Capacity 1
- Cocking Effort 30 lbs
- Barrel Rifled
- Front Sights Fiber Optic
- Rear Sights Fiber Optic
- Scopeable 11mm dovetail
- Trigger Two stage adjustable
- Buttplate Soft rubber recoil pad
- Suggested for Small game hunting and plinking
- Trigger Pull 3.0 lbs
- Action Break barrel
- Safety Automatic
- Power Plant Spring piston
- Function Single shot
- Body Type Rifle
- Weight 8.16 lbs
- Highly accurate. The gun is considered one of the most accurate guns of all times.
- High power – Ruger Air Hawk Combo Air Rifle shoot pellets at a speed of 1000 feet per second.
Because of very easy and simple cocking mechanism the gun is easy to use. No technicalities involved in operating the gun.
- Safe and Reasonable price – The automatic safety adds to your security and you can use it without fear of loss. The price of the ruger air hawk combo air rifle is also very reasonable and it does not put extra financial pressure.
- Not all but for some users it is hard to cock the gun.
- Scope is not high quality. Comparatively the scope of The Ruger Air Hawk combo air rifle is cheap and of low quality among the other air rifles in the line.
- The trigger guard and stock are screwed and there is potential loosening of screws in these parts of the gun.
Many buyers of Ruger Air Hawk Combo air rifle are not happy with the quality of the scope. This is not something that can’t be overcome. You can buy an aftermarket scope to replace the one you discovered not according to your choice.